1. Handling of Personal Information
Mitsui & Co. Steel fully recognizes that one of its most important social responsibilities is to properly protect Personal Information. Mitsui & Co. Steel is committed to properly collecting, using, and disclosing Personal Information.
2. Implementing Security Control Measures
Mitsui & Co. Steel is committed to establishing and maintaining an optimal framework to ensure that Personal Information is properly and strictly managed. In addition, the company shall implement reasonable security control measures to ensure that Personal Information is properly protected from unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage and that appropriate corrective action can be taken promptly as necessary.
3. Making Continuous Improvements
Mitsui & Co. Steel is committed to establishing, operating, and maintaining a robust management system to ensure that Personal Information is properly protected and to making continuous improvements to the management system through periodic review and updating.
4. Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations
Mitsui & Co. Steel is committed to complying with all applicable laws, regulations, and government guidelines in handling Personal Information.
Contact Information and Procedures for Inquiries about Personal Information
Personal Information Protection Secretariat Office
Mitsui & Co. Steel Ltd.
Akasaka Biz Tower 35th Floor
5-3-1 Akasaka Minato-ku Tokyo 107-6335 Japan
- If you want us to disclose, change, or delete your Personal Information, please send your request by regular mail according to the following procedures:
＜Please write the following items in a postcard or letter＞
Your name and mailing address where you want a copy of the Disclosure (or Other Action) Request Form to be sent.
Briefly state that you want to have a copy of the Disclosure (or Other Action) Request Form sent.
Please send by regular mail your request together with the above details to our Personal Information Protection Secretariat Office.
Please be sure to send your request by postcard or letter to ensure that we can properly send you a copy of the Disclosure (or Other Action) Request Form.
- Upon receipt of your request, we will send you a copy of the Disclosure (or Other Action) Request Form.
- Upon receipt of the Disclosure (or Other Action) Request Form, please fill in necessary details and send submit the completed Form by regular mail the completed Form, together with your identity verification documents as specified in the Instructions, to our Personal Information Protection Secretariat Office.
- After reviewing the contents of your request, we will send you our response by regular mail.
* Depending on the contents of your request, we may charge you fees for disclosure or other action.
* If you request for disclosure or other action through your agent or proxy, please be sure to also attach a power of attorney as specified in the Instructions.
Handling of Personal Information
1. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We will use the Personal Information that you provide to us, in part or in whole, for the following purposes:
- To provide services that you register to receive or request.
- To deliver products, etc. that you order or apply for.
- To provide you with information on events such as exhibitions and seminars.
- To provide you with the results of questionnaire surveys, events, etc., in which you participate.
- To provide you with services by using direct mail, e-mail, fax, etc.
- To notify you of our decision to accept or decline your job application.
- To perform all other work related to or incidental to the above items.
2. Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not disclose or provide your Personal Information to a third party unless we obtain your consent prior to the disclosure or the disclosure of Personal Information is required by law.
3. Entrusting of Personal Information
We may supply your Personal Information to our subcontractors in order to accomplish the purposes of use described in 1 above. In cases where your Personal Information has to be supplied to our subcontractors, we will select the most appropriate subcontractors, will execute a nondisclosure agreement with each of the subcontractors by clearly specifying their obligations and responsibilities to protect the confidentiality of Personal Information, among others, and will supervise the subcontractors appropriately to ensure that your Personal Information is protected safely and securely.
4. Shared Use of Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information as necessary to the following extent:
＜Items of Personal Data for Shared use＞
・Company, department to which you belong, job title, name, address, telephone number, e-mail address
＜List of Shared Users＞
・Mitsui & Co. Steel Ltd. and its subsidiary companies, Mitsui & Co., Ltd., and its affiliated companies listed in its Annual Securities Report.
＜Purpose of Shared Use＞
・To provide you with services related to our business in a useful and appropriate manner.
＜Name of Company Responsible for Personal Data Management＞
・Mitsui & Co. Steel Ltd.
5. Handling of Personal Information on External Links
Our website may contain external links to other websites. We shall not be responsible for the handling of personal information, practices, or contents of such external websites. Please contact them directly if you have questions.
6. Collection of Access History Information
Our website may collect access history information for the purpose of collecting statistics and making analysis of the customers’ usage of our website. We will not collect any information that can uniquely identify Personal Information by collecting access history information.
7. Security Measures to Prevent Eavesdropping, etc. by Third Parties
Our website is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, or other comparable security control measures, to ensure that your Personal Information is properly protected against eavesdropping, etc. by third parties during transmission.
8. Disclosure, Amendment and Discontinuance of Use of Personal Information
We will comply with your direct request for disclosure, amendment, discontinuance of use, deletion, and discontinuance of disclosure to a third party or of use by a third party, among others, regarding your Personal Information. Upon confirming your identity, we will comply with your request in the swiftest manner possible unless special reasons exist not to do so. For details, please see the Contact Information and Procedures for Inquiries about Personal Information page.